Remember that shops are not open on a Sunday. There is a mini-market at Leverburgh and also some small shops in Tarbert including a butcher. A larger range of shops and some larger supermarkets can be found in Stornoway. It is also often possible to obtain locally caught fresh seafood at Leverburgh pier and there are contact numbers for sourcing shellfish at the house.
Eating out / in on the Isle of Harris
Just a few of the places you can eat out/in!
- North Harbour Bistro: Scalpay. We love for lunch, now with new cafe. Book to avoid disappointment.
- Temple Café: Northton. Fresh healthy food, good coffee and lovely cakes with beautiful views. Perfect for lunch or coffee.
- Croft 36: Northton. Croft produce, home made bread, fish and meals to eat at home. Look for the shed! www.croft36.com 01859 520779
- Mobile catering vans: excellent food from Island Bites in Tarbert and Blas bhon Iar at Horgabost campsite entrance.
- Flavour: Fabulous food at their pop-up restaurant and also private chef service. Very near the house. https://flavour.scot/
- Harris Hotel: Tarbert. Restaurant and bar food. www.harrishotel.com 01859 502154
- Skoon Art Café: Tea shop and gallery, Geocrab on the East side. 01859 530268
- The Anchorage: Next to the ferry terminal in Leverburgh. Excellent food, good atmosphere, small bar. 01859 520225